Do you think any of these solutions are the best 

 

25 Ways to Say "No, Thank you."



High calorie food and drinks are usually in an abundant supply at holiday gatherings. If you are trying to eat healthier, control your calories, or recently had weight-loss surgery and can only eat small portions, finding gracious ways to say “no” to family members, friends or co-workers offering food and beverages can be challenging.

Start with a direct, “No thank you!” In case that does not work here are 25 more ways to respond to holiday “food pushers”.

  1. Thank you, but I already ate.
  2. It looks delicious, but I’m already too full!
  3. Looks too good to eat!
  4. Thank you, but I am trying to eat healthier.
  5. Thanks, but I’m getting a jumpstart on my New Year’s resolutions!
  6. I don’t have any room on my plate.
  7. I worked out earlier, and am trying to stay on track tonight.
  8. I’m saving my calories for _____ (insert other food).
  9. I’ll have some later!
  10. I’m so proud of my weight loss; I’m going to stay on my diet plan!
  11. Did you know I’ve already lost 25 pounds?
  12. I just had some of your amazing ________(insert other food) and it was great!
  13. I’ve been cooking myself all day; I need a break from food!
  14. I’m so close to my goal!
  15. I have a weigh-in tomorrow, and I’m on my best behavior tonight.
  16. I have to drive (for drinks).
  17. I’ve already tried a bite of everything.
  18. I’m allergic to that ingredient.
  19. For some reason, I’m not that hungry!
  20. I ate some when I got here.
  21. I filled up on veggies earlier.
  22. No thank you, but I’d love that recipe!
  23. I’m good, thanks!
  24. I’m trying to pace myself, but thank you!
  25. No thanks, but my husband/wife/partner/friend would love to try it!

Can you add any creative ways to say, “No, thank you!” to food or drinks you do not want to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment